If you weren’t able to attend the final PTO meeting of the school year, here is a summary of what we talked about!
The Carnival was a huge success! We made over $9,000 for Aquila School, which was a 27% increase over last year’s event. Next year we hope to focus more on the Teacher Experiences.
Box Tops Update
- We have raised $1,996 this year plus a little more from box tops that were turned in late. We already have $400 raised towards next school year!
- The money will be used to purchase new recess equipment – hula hoops, balls, etc.
- We need a new coordinator for next year. Grade-level liaisons will help make the coordinator’s job much easier! (Signup sheet was passed around for interested volunteers.)
Aquila Treasurer Update
- The restaurant fundraisers (Pizza Rev, Yogurt Lab, Panera, Chipotle, etc.) raised $2,000 for Aquila School this year
- Teachers need to spend their PTO money and turn in receipts to the treasurer by June 9th
- Extra yearbooks are available for purchase for $13 in the office
- Thursday is the annual Book Give Away from 11 am – 3 pm. Please bring in book donations to the office. Every student at Aquila will get to pick out 3 free books!
Staff Updates on PTO Money Spending
- Spanish: Sra. Yepes is ordering posters, maps, flags of Spanish-speaking countries, props/puppets, and classroom supplies
- Music: Recorders – going home Thursday
- ELLL: Multicultural books to better represent student population
- Reading: More KG supplies
- PE: New supplies for Field Day
- Grade 5: Field Trips – Camp St. Croix and State Capital, MN Historical Society
- Grade 4: Three Field Trips – Minnesota Institute of Art, Vocal Essence concert and Feed My Starving Children. Leftover money was used to buy art supplies to support the IB Planner “How We Express Ourselves”; books for classroom libraries; and the Picnic & Pizza Year-End Lunch
- Grade 3: Field Trips – MN Zoo, City Hall, Museum of Communication, Como Planetarium, Bowling. Extra money used to purchase new books
- Grade 2: Old Cahill School; Alexander and the Terrible…play; multicultural books; treats for last day of school
- Grade 1: Field Trips – Westwood Nature Center, Stages Theater; 9 new sets of headphones for each classroom; 2 wobble chairs; 3D math shapes
- KG: Field Trips – Westwood Nature Center, Oliver Kelly Farm, Trolley ride at Lake Harriet; replaced extenders for iPads, purchased new headphones, and Play in a Day led by Rachel Haen (money used to pay for her sub)
Mr. Pollock’s Top Ten
- Kristi Yamaguchi visit
- Aquila Family Night at the Science Museum
- Latino & Somali Nights
- Aquila Read$ – raised over $21,000!
- Aquila Carnival
- Lion King student musical
- Outstanding and very involved PTO
- Wonderful and very supportive Aquila Families
- Extremely dedicated and collaborative staff
- Amazing, caring, creative, intelligent students!
Advertising helps supplement this free website by DigitalPTO.com | Disable Ads Here